Project full title: Smart European Space Access thru Modern Exploitation of Data Science
Grant agreement no.: 821875. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 821875.
Coordinator: ARIANEGROUP SAS
- CENTRE NATIONAL D’ETUDES SPATIALES – CNES
- VITROCISET SOCIETA PER AZIONI
- PREDICT SAS
- FUNDACIO EURECAT
- CONSORZIO PER LA RICERCA NELL’ AUTOMATICA E NELLE TELECOMUNICAZIONI C.R.A.T.
- CAPGEMINI TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
- SCOALA NATIONALA DE STUDII POLITICE SI ADMINISTRATIVE
Duration: 36 months
Starting Date: 1 Jan 2019
Expected Ending: 31 Dec 2022
Key Persons:Prof. Francesco Delli Priscoli, Dr. Vincenzo Suraci, Dr, Antonio Pietrabissa
The project aims at improving European launchers’ manufacturing and operations through digital technologies, processes and methods.
Its objectives are:
- Develop a complete data management framework to proactively manage risks in new automated production and operations.
- Develop new Predictive Maintenance and Quality components to implement new automated launcher production and operations
- Implement new logistic processes that allow an optimal management of resources.
- Evaluate the benefit of these new capabilities in realistic operational scenarios
- Accompany the consequent transformation of human competencies, create new job profiles.
- Evaluate other possible sectors for which the proposed predictive framework could be applied
- Create an ecosystem involving the overall European Launcher Industry and possibly other sectors
SESAME will provide the European Launcher Industry with a framework allowing producing the data, a digital, open, intelligent, secure and standards based platform, and human in the loop processes enabling engineers and operators in launcher development, production, testing and operations to implement proactive risk management.
The framework aims at achieving cost reduction through improved production and operation effectiveness, reduction of Cost of Non-Quality, improved working environment and operator’s safety.
CRAT will lead the task dedicated to the development of advanced logistics and assembly line control algorithms, for speeding up and make more efficient the operations at the Guiana Space Centre.